S.W. Lauden’s short fiction has been published by Out of the Gutter, Criminal Element, Dark Corners, Dead Guns Magazine, Akashic Books, WeirdBook, Spelk Fiction, Shotgun Honey and Crimespree Magazine.
- His short story, “25 Minutes to Go,” was published in the Anthony Award-nominated anthology JUST TO WATCH THEM DIE: CRIME FICTION INSPIRED BY THE SONGS OF JOHNNY CASH (Gutter Books).
- His short story, “Reunion,” is featured in the Anthony Award-nominated anthology KILLING MALMON (Down & Out Books).
- His short story, “Itchy Feet,” was published in UNLOADED: CRIME WRITERS WRITING WITHOUT GUNS (Down & Out Books).
- His short story, “Big Shots,” is included in the anthology FAST WOMEN AND NEON LIGHTS: EIGHTIES-INSPIRED NEON NOIR (Short Stack Books).
- His short story, “Customer,” is featured in WAITING TO BE FORGOTTEN: STORIES OF CRIME AND HEARTBREAK INSPIRED BY THE REPLACEMENTS (Gutter Books).
- CROSSWISE (2017 Anthony Award nominee for “Best Novella”)
- CROSSED BONES (2017 “Best Novella”—Authors on the Air)
He is also the co-host of the Anthony Award-nominated Writer Types podcast.
His favorite color is gray. His favorite food is burritos. His favorite non-burrito food is pho. He is currently working on the creation of LA’s first Pho Burrito Truck (Pro tip: The trick is tortillas that don’t get soggy). What else? Oh yeah—Kurt Vonnegut, drums, Mark Rothko, Robyn Hitchcock, mountain bikes, Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory, bears, Descendents and high fives.
Have a question or opportunity for Steve? swlauden-AT-gmail.com
Author Photo: Jim Lowney